[AMBER] Amber Install

From: Lindsay Morrison <lmorrison21.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 13:45:27 -0400

Hi, I am trying to install Amber12 on a windows/cygwin environment. I am
able to extract both Amber12 and AmberTools13 without any problems,
following the instructions on
http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-amber12-and-ambertools-12. All of the
updates have been properly downloaded as well. However, I start running
into problem when I try to run the ./patch_amber.py --update-tree. For some
reason, it can't find the script. I have tried going forward with the
install without this step (running ./configure gnu) and the configure step
seems to work fine. However when I run make install it eventually shoots
back the following error message:

Starting installation of MTK++ at Wed, Sep 04, 2013 1:15:20 PM.
(cd mtkpp && make && make -j 1 install )
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/Lulu/amber12/amber12/AmberTools/src/mtkpp'
make[2]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Lulu/amber12/amber12/AmberTools/src/mtkpp'
Makefile:106: recipe for target `install_mtkpp' failed
make[1]: *** [install_mtkpp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Lulu/amber12/amber12/AmberTools/src'
Makefile:7: recipe for target `install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 2

It seems like it can't find the makefile script, but there are two of them
in that folder: Makefile.in and Makefile.an. Any ideas as to what the
problem is?

Thanks,
Lindsay Morrison
Wysocki Group