Re: [AMBER] problem with antechamber in ambertools 13

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:33:55 +0200

Dear Rodrigo,

> I want to obtain the charge of each atom to perform a minimization of the
> structure. You are right the name of the molecule was missing. I didn't
> know about RED python I will give it a try.

The 'residue' name was missing.

We plan to first open R.E.D. Python through R.E.D. Server Dev.
sometimes this month: We are hunting and hunting bugs by now.

Using the 'whole molecule approach' in Antechamber or in R.E.D. Perl
or in R.E.D. Python will end up (I already ran R.E.D. Python on your
whole molecule using the AmberFF10 atom types & parameters) with a
non-representative conformation. It took one hour on our cluster. If
you just want to get charges for their values this is fine...
Personally, I prefer paying attention to the conformation(s) involved
in charge derivation... Thus, in your case you can easily split your
molecule into three building blocks: dimethylphosphate (DMP) +
nucleoside1 + nucleoside2. Then you define two inter-mcc
(inter-molecular charge constraints) between the target OH groups of
the nucleosides and the methyl groups of DMP and R.E.D. Perl will
perform RESP charge derivation + FF library building. R.E.D. Python
(will re-do charge derivation and) will perform atom typing + fragment
association (in your case three residues or a single one can be
requested depending on how you want to use the FF lib.) + charge
correction (no rounding off error) + frcmod generation. Many types of
extra-points can be added, etc...

A easy way to proceed until R.E.D. Python is officially available:
- run R.E.D. Server/R.E.D. IV (perl)
- write for a private assistance from the R.E.D. Server web site, and
provide the PXXXX R.E.D. Server job name.
- request post-processing of the PXXXX R.E.D. IV job using R.E.D. Python.

I can also send you how ugly is the conformation of this whole
molecule after geometry optimization using Gaussian - by 'ugly' ;-) I
mean how different from your input one (which reflects a well-designed
conformation).

regards, Francois