Re: [AMBER] RMSD calculation followed by superimposition

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 22:59:09 -0600

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM, <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
> However, this script gives me the output,
>
> #Frame RMSD_00001
> 1 0.0000

Are the reference structure and the input trajectory the same
structure? If so the 0.0 makes sense.

> should the line be rms reference :1-138.CA ? Also I want to compute the rmsd of
> subunit B wrt subunit A.

If you want to align subunit A over subunit B and get the RMSD then
you just need to use a reference mask in the RMS command. Note that
you *must* ensure the same number of atoms is selected in the target
mask and the reference mask (otherwise the RMSD makes no sense).

rms reference <Target Mask> <Ref Mask> out rms.dat

The first mask pertains to the 'target' (i.e. input coordinates), the
second mask pertains to the reference structure. So the command is
saying 'give me the best-fit RMSD of atoms in <Target Mask> of my
input coordinates to atoms in <Ref Mask> of my reference trajectory.
Hopefully this is all clear, let me know if not.

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD