Re: [AMBER] mmpbsa nonpolar contribution using stability

From: <wmsmith.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:19:47 -0700

Dr. Green,
  Yes, in the latest patched versions, the ECAVITY term should be absent
from the mmpbsa summary file if you used default settings.
>From what I can tell, it looks like the latest patched versions renamed
ECAVITY as ENPOLAR (at least when radiopt is set to 0 and default inp is
used). You can verify this by checking the mdout file and the mmpbsa
output summary.
When radiopt is set to zero mmpbsa_py gives consistent summary results for
the most current versions of amber12 and amber13. I should have the patch
ready to make the default consistent by this evening.
Finally, the "G solv" and "G gas" terms in the mmpbsa output are the sums
of the EPB, ENPOLAR (ECAVITY) and EDISPER terms for the solvated and
vacuum (gas) systems respectively.

I did see some odd behaviour with the ECAVITY term showing up with a value
of 0 in an older unpatched amber12, but the most recent patches seem to
have taken care of this.

-Wesley Botello-Smith