Re: [AMBER] problems with calculation continuing

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:47:31 -0400

If you aren't wrapping (iwrap=0) or not using netCDF restart files (ntxo=2,
AMBER12 and later only?), then it is quite common to get overflow
(registered as *s) in restart coordinates after a long period of time. I'm
not sure if that matches the "Permission denied" part of the error message,
but it's advisable anyway.

A similar problem may happen with your mdcrd files unless you use netCDF
outputs there as well (ioutfm=1).

Regards,
Brian

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Карлов Дмитрий <dkar89.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amber users,
>
> I am trying to perform a molecular dynamic simulation of sugar/water system
> (about 14000 atoms). Topology creating, minimization and heating were ok,
> but after 60 ns something went bad.
> Jobs are often aborted after ~ 1ns due to error like this: "forrtl:
> Permission denied
> forrtl: severe (38): error during write, unit 16, file ... "
>
> input file:
> constant pressure constant temperature production run
> &cntrl
> nstlim=50000000, dt=0.002, ntx=5, irest=1, ntpr=500, ntwr=10000,
> ntwx=10000,
> temp0=325.0, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0, tautp=2.0,
> ntb=2, ntp=1,
> ntc=2, ntf=2,
> ig = -1,
> &end
>
> Then I got .rst file with "*************". Maybe input has internal
> contradictions?
>
> DK

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu