Re: [AMBER] Modelling the folding of the c-terminus of a protein

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 07:39:55 -0400

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013, Aylin Sahin wrote:

> I want to model the folding of the C-terminus of a protein. The
> protein consists of 120 residues. For the last 11 residues, there is
> no structure available.

Generally, Amber is not a great way to approach such model building tasks.
Treating this as a homology modeling problem (with appropriate software tools)
is likely to yield a better starting structure. Once you have an initial
model, you can use MD in Amber to explore fluctuations about this starting
structure.

...dac