[AMBER] Puzzles about SCEE and SCNB?

From: egeh00 <egeh00.aol.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:54:33 -0600

Dear all,

I am puzzled about the two items, SCEE and SCNB. I know that SCEE is 1.2 and SCNB is 2.0 in GAFF as default values. And I also know LJ potential should be divided by SCNB and Coulomb should be divided by SCEE to get the final potential energy. Additionally, I know the SCEE and SCNB of many dihedrals in Glycam are both are 1.0. But I do not understand the meaning of the two items. People and modify the Vn in the dihedral equations to get a proper result, why do they add the two additional calculations? And if I parameterize certain dihedral, how can I get a proper Vn for the dihedral? should I consider the effect of SCEE and SCNB?

Sincerely,

Xiaoquan Sun.

2013-08-09

egeh00