[AMBER] BOND, ANGLE and TORSION energies discrepancy between amber and gromacs

From: Golshan Hejazi <golshan.hejazi.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:26:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone.

I am doing some simple tests as following: I have an amber crd and top file. I perform an energy evaluation and I estimate the value of BOND, ANGLE and TORSION energies for a simple system (ace-ala-nme).

Then I use amb2gmx.pl to convert the crd and top file to gromacs format and again I compute the BOND, ANGLE and TORSION energies of the same structure ...

I expect to have identical values between gromacs and amber. However, the energis are not comparable.

 amber ...            BOND= 0.0206  (kcal/mol)  ANGLE=0.3620 (kcal/mol)  TORSION=8.1071 (kcal/mol) gromacs    ....    BOND=0.14044 (kcal/mol)  ANGLE=0.3780 (kcal/mol)  TORSION=9.74190 (kcal/mol)

I checked how amb2gmx converted the values of amber to gmx format. It seems to me that everything is correct. There is a factor of two difference between the force constants in amber and gromacs which I think in the energy calculation term ... it is already taken care of!

So I see nothing wrong but ... energies dont match!
Could you please help me to understan this

Thanks
Golshan