Re: [AMBER] Resp charges

From: ymei <ymei.itcs.ecnu.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 15:11:38 -0400

RESP fitting method has numerical difficulties in dealing with large
molecules.
You might want to try our dual-step fitting method.
Check our recent paper Journal of Computational Chemistry, 34, 847-853
(2013)
You can assign bcc charge to atoms as q0, and fit dq.
It can well reproduce the electrostatic potential on probe grids.
We use this strategy for BACE ligands. And so far it works fine.

Ye