[AMBER] ambpdb -ext ... but how?

From: John Gehman <jgehman.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 22:13:38 +0000

Hello all,

We need to iterate in and out of a PDB file during refinement, which requires that ambpdb generate a PDB file identical in format to that input to tleap via loadPDB. The process is failing, owing to the fact that ambpdb isn't writing the different chain IDs.

I gather this should be possible with the -ext option to ambpdb, but this gives "PRMTOP file did not have extended PDB data". I presume that there must be some option to loadPDB to preserve the chain assignments, and/or an option to saveamberparm to write the "extended PDB data" to the prmtop file.

I've combed the documentation, and a fair fraction of the web, in vain. Could anybody *please* enlighten me?

Many thanks,
John

John Gehman
ARC Future Fellow