Re: [AMBER] can't neutralize

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 07:56:15 -0400

On Thu, Aug 01, 2013, CH NIMILITHA Nimilitha wrote:

> I tired to add ions and neutralise my protein of intrest. It says:
> > addions temp Na+ 0
> addIons: 1st Ion & target are the same charge:
> can't neutralize.
> How can i neutralize? what mistake would i have done?

As Amber error messages go, this one is pretty straightforward. The unit
"temp" presumably has a positive charge. So you can't neutralize it by
adding more positive charge (Na+).

You need to think about what salt environment you want to simulate. If you
really just want minimal salt to neutralize the molecule (for some reason),
you could substitute Cl- for Na+. But there is no single best answer.

...dac