Re: [AMBER] How to define reaction coordinate in Umbrella sampeling

From: Sindrila Dutta banik <sindrila.duttabanik.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:52:09 +0800 (SGT)

Thanks again for your reply.

In the previous mail you suggest to use rstwt = -1.0, 1.0;  can I use another value for the same. The -1 and 1 indicates that simple difference of two separation, if I use 2.0 then it will be difference of double separation. Am I right?

I think by using (x_2 - x_1) you indicate the separation between atom1 and atom2. But in the input I have to specify r1, r2, r3, r4; which is the difference of separation, but what will be the value of individual separation?

Actually, in my case one H-atom is bonded with one N-atom and during the reaction the H-atom will shift towards another O-atom. I want to increase the N-H bond length and decrease H-O separation and set the reaction coordinate as the difference of two separation. So my doubt is that if I specify the r1, r2... (difference of separation) then two separation with change simultaneously, or it will change only one.

It is not clear to me what is the difference in sander and pmemd?

With best regards
Sindrila