[AMBER] Cupper cluster parametrization with MCPB

From: <mmaestre.gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:42:25 +0800 (CST)

Dear Amber users,

for the last week or so, I have been trying to parametrize the copper center in a laccase. For this, I have been trying to use MCPB, with files based on the tutorial in the MTK++ handbook. Now, I can confirm that the tutorial "as is" works in my amber installation (so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it).
On the other hand, when I prepare my files, I've encountered several problems:
1st, I always get the following errors during the addHs or sidechains step:

### ### ### ###
 ### MTK++ Error ###
 ### Function: connections::assignStdAngles ###
 ### Message: Please assign angles before assigning MM parameters for molecule: CU
 ### ### ### ###

### ### ### ###
 ### MTK++ Error ###
 ### Function: connections::assignStdTorsions ###
 ### Message: Please assign torsions before assigning MM parameters for molecule: CU
 ### ### ### ###

Still, the system goes on, and I actually get some results (a protonated and/or sidechain file, depending on the operation I am performing).
When I look at the output pdb files, I see several strange results:

All coppers are grouped into one molecule. On the 1AMP tutorial, each Zn had their own chain, so I don't know what is happening there.
Also, if I have to define coppers as ATOM, if I define them at HETATM, the protonation step fails with:

 1 Error in watProtonate ... exiting
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'MTKpp::MTKException'
Aborted (core dumped)

Also, I introduced two MOHs, which are part of the cluster. These are also considered to be a single molecule in the output files. Furthermore, after parametryzation, they are not protonated at all, resulting in two O2-, and not two OH-, as they should be.

Any suggestions as to what is going on? I'm just going crazy, because cannot find where I made the mistake...
Thank you very much,

Manuel