[AMBER] GTX780 News

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:31:26 -0700

Hi All,

Ok, good news on the GTX780 front. After 4 days of testing neither Scott
nor myself have been able to break the GTX780s. This is in a 4 x GTX780
Exxact system although at present we have only tested multiple single GPU
runs using all 4 GPUs at once - I.e. pmemd.cuda (NOT pmemd.cuda.MPI) - I
will be testing pmemd.cuda.MPI shortly but I don't see why this wouldn't
work given single GPU is working fine.

Key though is that there are multiple ways to build GTX780s, and for now
we have only tested one specific model which is as follows:

http://tinyurl.com/prxlwy6 Zotac GTX780 ZT-70201-10P

Until we have an opportunity to test different vendor GTX780s and OC
versions the advice is to stick with the above model if you can.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/