Re: [AMBER] Questions about SMD using jar=1

From: <moitrayee.mbu.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:41:33 +0530 (IST)

Hi Jason,
Thanks a lot for your email.

1. I went through the generalized distance restraint option.
Thus in order to use it for say, to move an atom close to a set of three atoms,
is the command pasted below correct:

&rst iat=125,300,125,450,125,651 rstwt=1.0,1.0,0.75 r2=55.0, rk2=10, r2a=15.0 /

2. However I am confused when it comes to r2. Should r2 be (d1+d2+d3), d1 to d3
being the corresponding distances between 125 and the other three atoms. Also
what should be the value of r2a ? Should it be (d1'+d2'+d3'), d1' to d3' being
my desired distances after steering between 125 and the three atoms concerned ?

3. Also the value of rk2 varies a lot from the manual to what I see in the
literature. How do I decide on it.

4. Is rk2 equivalent to harm in ncsu. I ask this so that I am effieciently able
to translate my ncsu_smd code to a jar=1 code.

My jar=1 code:

jar=1/

/&wt TYPE='DUMPFREQ', istep1=1, /
&wt TYPE='END', /
DISANG=dist.RST
DUMPAVE=dist_vs_t
LISTIN=POUT
LISTOUT=POUT

dist.RST being:
&rst iat=125,300,125,450,125,651 rstwt=1.0,1.0,0.75 r2=55.0, rk2=10, r2a=15.0 /

Does this translate to using harm=10 and going from a LCOD of 55ang to LCOD of
15 ang, with LCOD distances being as I had defined above.

Thanks a lot for your reply and would look forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Moitrayee

believed to be clean.