Re: [AMBER] Amber updater issues

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:18:40 -0400

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM, <eneas.usal.es> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> echo $AMBERHOME returns /opt/amber13
>
> Nevertheless, running the updater as root i could solve the problem, so
> probably it's an issue with folder permissions.

It was definitely not a permissions issue -- there's no way that could
have caused the error message you got. My suspicion is that you tried
updating using the 'sudo' command and didn't use -e to pass your
environment on to the root user that was executing the update_amber script.
 For security reasons, the sudo-ed command does not automagically inherit
the environment of the shell that launched the command.

The relevant information we would have needed to diagnose this issue was
the fact that the exact command you used was:

sudo ./update_amber --update

Without that bit of information, your report was a bit baffling ;).

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate