Re: [AMBER] Amber updater issues

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:21:37 -0400

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM, <eneas.usal.es> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have AmberTools 13 installed in my Linux.
>
> When i try to download the last patches, an error message says:
>
> Warning: AMBERHOME [None] differs from expected [/opt/amber13].
> No changes will be made until this is fixed
> SetupError: Making changes has been disabled because AMBERHOME is not set
> correctly or the updater has been moved from AMBERHOME.
>
> I have checked the enviromental variable and is correctly set. Im
> wondering if anyone could help with this situation.
>
> Appreciated. Thanks to all.

Since update_amber determines the AMBERHOME environment variable using the
os.getenv standard library function, it's highly unlikely that the problem
is with the updating script.

Some things to check:

1) did you misspell AMBERHOME? (it must be AMBERHOME, all caps, no spaces,
etc.)
2) did you really set it as an environment variable?

Check the output of this command:

env | grep AMBERHOME

It should return something like this:

swails.Batman ~ $ env | grep AMBERHOME
AMBERHOME=/home/swails/build_amber/amber

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate