Re: [AMBER] Anyone running machines with Quad GPU setups

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 17:21:25 -0700

Hi ET,

As the code stands right now there is NO advantage for having the pled
chip there. The plan is to re-write the code to use peer-to-peer
communication between GPUs instead of MPI which is what is currently used.
This should have an advantage and should not be disadvantaged by having 2
x 16 connected together with a PCI-E switch to a single x16 pci-E channel.
However, how well that will actually work in practice will have to wait
until the code is done.

All the best
Ross