Re: [AMBER] Anyone running machines with Quad GPU setups

From: Ross Walker <rosscwalker.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 13:12:26 -0700

You need to be looking at DUAL socket motherboards if you want 4-way x16 support. A single CPU does not have enough bandwidth (pins) to support true 4 by x16 - they cheat using pxii switches.

All the Exxact machines on the Amber website are dual socket by quad slot x16. Of course this makes them more expensive than the budget single socket systems you can build for sub $1000 (exc GPU cost).

All the best
Ross