Re: [AMBER] Anyone running machines with Quad GPU setups

From: Divi/GMAIL <dvenkatlu.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 19:07:44 -0400

   ET:
   I am using GA-Z77X-UP7 that has PLX chipset and supports 3rd Gen LGA1155
socket. Bought together with 2 TITANS sometime in March.
   It has been running pretty stable 24/7 since then. I thought of buying
two more titans later to fill all four slots. With so much mess going on
with TITANS, I put off that plan until the dust settles. You might want to
check new 4th GEN cpus and supporting motherboards as the Hardware keep
changing pretty rapidly these days.

   I have i5-processor with 16 GB ram and 256 GB SSD. All four PCI-E lanes
are X-16. It also has native X-16 link directly "hardwired" to CPU-lanes
that will bypass PLX chipset, in case if you run single GPU. This might
reduce a bit of latency but not much. I get 35ns/day on FIX/NVE benchmark
bypassing PLX chipset, but get about 34ns/day using PLX chipset (on TITAN of
course!!). Not a deal breaker..

Link below:

  http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4334#ov

  HTH