Re: [AMBER] experiences with EVGA GTX TITAN Superclocked - memtestG80 - UNDERclocking in Linux ?

From: Ross Walker <rosscwalker.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:25:07 -0700

Hi Marek,

I would just have some patience for now and just figure that everyone is working hard behind the scenes to solve this. I would give it a month and then reassess things. You were the first to purchase Titan's, even BEFORE the code developers got their hands on them so you ultimately took a large risk with that. No different from buying an iPhone 4 on release day for example and then having to wait for Apple to release a firmware update to solve the signal dropout problem. It is the same thing here. So I would suggest waiting to see if a fix is possible and if not then discuss with NVIDIA what the options are.

My advise for anyone buying a GTX GPU machine right now is to go for the tried and tested 680 or wait a few weeks for us to verify the 780s and then if they are good go with them. Stay clear of the Titan's until we have found a fix.

All the best
Ross