Re: [AMBER] Graphene topology from GAFF

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:20:52 +0200

Dear Dan,

I do not think the method of the graphs is suitable to determine
chemical equivalencing here: I would _not_ use Antechamber (from what
I understand more there are cycles more you need memory; the problem
you encountered; my guess is that upgrading to the last version will
change nothing) to determine the charges here, besides the problem
related to geometry optimization.

As underlined by Dr Case the atomic charges of the hydrogen atoms are
supposed to be slightly different; thus I would derive the atomic
charges of this molecule (i.e. I would not set all of them to zero).

I just ran R.E.D. Python on your molecule to test how goes chemical
equivalencing in this case. It should work with our algo. The problem
is that your molecule is quite big for our cluster, and it might take
'some' time to get an optimized geometry. Then, you will be able to
decide if you want RESP vs ESP; Connolly surface vs CHELPG, etc... The
RRMS of the fit is important in this case; if it is not good we will
propose you alternatives to improve the fit; all that is quite stable
in R.E.D. Python by now...

I let you know what we get...

regards, Francois