Re: [AMBER] glycame06_carbohydrate_hydrogen bond pattern

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:57:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Rasha,

  It will be difficult to specifically set the orientation of hydrogen bonds using Amber programs. One possible way, which I haven't verified, would be to use leap's "impose" command. Another way would be to specify week NMR constraints in the sander input file. An third option, that would be partially outside of Amber, would be to construct the glycans using leap (to get the right atom and residue naming); then open it in a separate external program that can modify internal coordinates and preserve atom and residue names.

  Then if you perform Anber MM maximization, the artificial structure you created will be largely conformationally preserved and the internal coordinates will be minimized. However, if you perform unrestrained MD simulations at room or biological temperatures, then all of the intermolecular hydrogen bonds will change and adopt a distribution of conformations and populations. But at least you will have a reasonable input structure.

Cheers,
Karl