[AMBER] bad atom type: N3 (In MMGBSA decomp calculations)

From: Jason Slingsby <jason.slingsby.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:38:29 -0600

Dear Amber Users,

I am trying to run a decomposition analysis on a protein and keep running
into the following error:

bad atom type: N3
CalcError: /amber12/bin/sander failed with prmtop complex.prmtop!

I have successfully run a different system through the decomp which also
contained N3 atom types. Looking through the .prmtops I see no differences
in the way that the amino acids containing type N3 were written between the
two different systems.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this error? The protein that isn't
working is a channel made of 5 subunits. I noticed that all subunits begin
with N3 (on SER and THR residues) Could this have something to do with it
or is it some other issue?

Thanks,