Re: [AMBER] prmtop

From: Sarah Graham <sarahgra.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:04:06 -0400

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly but if you
already have coordinates of your molecules you can create files using
antechamber that list all of the modifications needed for the force field.
To do this I use

antechamber -i ethylene_glycol.mol2 -fi mol2 -o ethylene_glycol.prepi -fo
prepi -s 2
parmchk -i ethylene_glycol.mol2 -f mol2 -a Y -o ethylene_glycol.frcmod

which will give you frcmod and prepi files that can be loaded into leap to
give parameters for your molecules. If you just need a box filled with
your molecule you can do it in leap, this is an example that I have used
tleap -f leaprc.ff99SB
source leaprc.gaff
loadamberparams ethylene_glycol.frcmod
loadamberprep ethylene_glycol.prepi
ETG=loadpdb ETG.pdb
set ETG restype solvent
a = loadpdb ETG.pdb
solvatebox a ETG 20
savepdb a ETG_box.pdb
saveamberparm a ETG_box.prmtop ETG_box.inpcrd

There is a tutorial in amber for using antechamber if it helps:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/

Hope this helps,

Sarah