Re: [AMBER] prmtop

From: Karl N. Kirschner <kkirsch.scai.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:02:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Steve,

  Amber can do this. In leap you will need to specify two "molecules" that represent the same compound, and then use the command solvateDontClip. The leap input file will look something like:

MOL = loadmol2 molecule.mol2
mol = sequence {MOL}
solv = sequence {MOL}
solvateDontClip mol solv 19.0

You can adjust the value of 19.0 until you get ~100 molecules into your box. This works well with smaller molecules (i.e. a solvent size), but for something larger (e.g. a shortened polymer chain) it becomes more problematic.

Cheers,
Karl