[AMBER] how does leap-prmtop calculate residues in water

From: Jonathan Gough <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:13:05 -0400

I'm asking as I want to confirm that I have created a solvent box (TIP4PEW)
with the correct # of ions to give a desired ion concentration.

Leap tells me, when I solvate it has added 26249 residues.
The prmtop file (NRES) says that it contains 26852 residues

that tracks with the protein size.

However - when we use ambpdb to write a pdb file, we only see ~6249 water
molecules.

The number of water residue labels (in the prmtop) also matches the number
from leap and the prmtop.

Visualization of the inpcrd/prmtop and the pdb shows that they are the same
size and they directly overlap.

is leap/prmtop simply counting every atom of TIP4PEW as a residue?

Thanks,
JOnathan