Re: [AMBER] counterions in md simulation

From: Mary Varughese <maryvj1985.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:33:13 +0530

Sir,
In the case of a DNA ligand system, at the start the counterions were
somewhat uniformly arranged around the complex to give a neutral system.
Now during the production run (usualy without any restraints) the
counterions(Na+) move away from the DNAligand system to a side so that they
are now not around the complex but near to one side opposite to the binding
region. The system (the binding) is not stable. I would like to know, may
be this state of the counterions have some contribution to the observed
instabilty.

Thanking you

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com