Re: [AMBER] PM6 and PM3

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:22:31 -0400

>From what you are saying it seems to me that your chosen QM/MM model and
system appear to have relative pKas contrary to your chemical intuition.
This is generally a non-starter for simulation.

In order to prevent transfer you would probably have to bias your sampling,
although, depending on how you wish to interpret your results this would
essentially be an arbitrary modification of PM6 and, not, not necessarily
easy to justify without at least some validation.

It could also be possible that your simulation is unstable due to a poor
starting structure or excessive thermostat noise (I assume you are using
ntt=3, gamma_ln > 0?). Semi-empirical methods are very Tolstoyan when it
comes to bad starting structures ("Each is unhappy in its own way"). Maybe
PM3 would display the same behavior with a different initial structure?

Brian