Re: [AMBER] Methylated histidine lib and frcomd files

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:17:04 +0200

Dear George,

> It sounds like it is a lot easier if I use the R.E.D server where the
> work-flow has been automated, right?

you first run R.E.D. Server/Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 & then re-run R.E.D.
Server/R.E.D. IV after having checked/modified (if needed) the p2n
file generated by Ante_R.E.D.

   PDB --> P2N ---> mol2
please see: http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#1

We are aware these 2 steps are a limiting factor by now; the main
advantage is that the user can modify the P2N file(s) after its
generation and this makes the system quite flexible and allows
handling complex cases of charge derivation

With R.E.D. python all is combined in one step. But in this case the
code is far more 'sophisticated'.

> I saw that the server interfaces either with Ante_R.E.D. 2.0 or R.E.D. IV
> program. Can you tell me what is the difference and which one should I
> use?

Please read the tutorials; in short you first execute Ante_R.E.D. to
generate the P2N file(s) using PDB file(s) as input and then using the
P2N file(s) you execute RED in a second step

> Just to double check: is this approach suitable for a methyl-histidine
> residue that is a part of a protein (actin)? I will extract this residur
> from the original pdb file and then upload it to the server.

You extract this residue from the protein (or you construct it by
controlling the conformation i.e. the phi, psi and chi dihedrals),
transform it into a dipeptide (PDB file to be transformed into P2N
file) and then from this dipeptide you generate the central (and
N-term & C-term) fragments (to be re-inserted in your protein) using
R.E.D. Server/R.E.D.

See:
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#15
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#16
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#17
then all together:
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#24
and finally all together automatically from a single dipeptide:
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25

regards, Francois