Re: [AMBER] experiences with EVGA GTX TITAN Superclocked - memtestG80 - UNDERclocking in Linux ?

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 21:04:52 +0200

On 06/01/2013 08:48 PM, Scott Le Grand wrote:
> "Also am I right in thinking (from what Scott was saying) that all the
> benchmarks should be reproducible across 50k steps but begin to diverge at
> around 100K steps? Is there any difference from in setting *ig *to an
> explicit number to removing it from the mdin file?"
>
> They should *never* diverge when running the same code on the same GPU
> configuration on the same machine unless they use a different random seed...

No divergence after N time steps even for large N? How should that be
possible for a chaotic system? Are round-off errors deterministic then?
And if so, from which experience does the crucial limit of 100k steps
come which you are mentioning throughout this mailing list thread?

Thanks for clarifying,

Jan-Philip