[AMBER] Steered MD | Pulling Distance (between r2 and r2a in dist.RST file) is limitted to 100A | Offending restraint

From: Emmanuel <emmanuel.salawu.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 03:29:54 +0800

Dear AMBER Experts,

I have being using AMBER recently, and I like it's performances. I,
however, have serious a problem with specifying r2 and r2a such that
the absoluteValue(r2a -r2) is greater than 100A.

Whenever I specify values for r2 and r2a such that absoluteValue(r2a
-r2) > 100A I get the following error message.

ERROR: r1 -> r4 (and r1a -> r4a) must be monotonically increasing;
Offending restraint

An example of my dist.RST file that gave this error contains
# Change distance restraint between atoms
&rst iat=33,1475, r2=50.21, rk2=5000., r2a=250.21 /

I know what "r1 -> r4 (and r1a -> r4a) must be monotonically
increasing" means, but I do not know why I get this error only when
absoluteValue(r2a -r2) > 100A.

For example, when I checked the mailing list I found out that this
error/issue had been raised by many people, but it is like no one
talked about why the error arises whenever absoluteValue(r2a -r2) >
someSpecificValue (such as 100A).

How would you recommend that I write my dist.RST file, please?

Any relevant suggestion would be well appreciated.

Best regards,
Emmanuel