Re: [AMBER] RMSD calculation between trajectories

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:24:01 -0600

Hi,

The rms2d command in cpptraj has a 'reftraj' option that will do what
you want. So say you have two trajectories, traj1.nc and traj2.nc,
both have the same topology, and you want RMSD based on C-alpha atoms;
your cpptraj input may look like:

parm prmtop
trajin traj1.nc
rms2d out output.dat reftraj traj2.nc .CA

Note that if you want gnuplot-compatible output change the output file
name extension to .gnu (e.g. output.gnu).

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM, <dilrajl.bii.a-star.edu.sg> wrote:
> Dear Amber Users,
> I have two separate trajectories and I want to
> compute the RMSD between each frame of the first trajectory with every
> frame of the second trajectory.
>
> Is there any means by which one can do this in ptraj or cpptraj?
>
> Or if someone has tried this before, could you please direct in
> performing this analysis.
>
> Thank you.
> Dilraj.

Daniel R. Roe, PhD