Re: [AMBER] problem on compiling sander

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:29:48 -0400

On Sat, May 25, 2013, me, Nancy wrote:

> I got an error message when compiling AMBER 12:
>
> lmodC.o: In function `lmodc_':
> ../../AmberTools/src/sff/lmodC.c:(.text+0x4235): undefined reference to
> `setseed'
> ../../AmberTools/src/sff/lmodC.c:(.text+0x53e1): undefined reference to
> `rseed'
> /usr/bin/ld: link errors found, deleting executable `sander.MPI'
>
> I applied update for AmberTools. Anyone has seen this error before? What
> would be the problem? Thanks.

We need more information: what OS and compiler? What were the arguments you
gave to "configure"? Did you have any trouble compiling sander itself (the
serial version)?

The missing routines are in rand2.o, which should be linked in. You might
try changing the order of rand2.o and lmodC.o in
$AMBERHOME/src/sander/Makefile, e.g. in MMPBJ variable at about line 113.
But it's been as is for a long time, and it is a bit odd that no one has
reported the problem before, as far as I remember.

...regards...dac