Re: [AMBER] AMBERTOOLS: sqm fails to read input with more than 1000 external charges

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:28:21 -0400

Hi Franz,

This limit has been hardcoded for input reading in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/sqm/sqm.F90

I am not sure if there is a reason for this limit, my guess would be not but I didn't check. You might want to try increasing the lines with

  do i=1,999

to something larger and recompile - no guarantee this works.

All the best,
Andy

On May 22, 2013, at 8:56 AM, Franz Symalla wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when i run sqm using PM6 with more than 1000 #EXCHARGES .. #END i get
> the error message:
>
> 'Missing "#END" termination sign, exit program'
>
> If i decrease the number of point charges to several hundred everything
> runs just fine.
> Is this some hard coded limit or does anyone know a way how i can
> inlcude more point charges in my sqm calculations?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> best regards,
> Franz

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz