[AMBER] How to dump distance information in the form of a vector file?

From: Sajeewa Pemasinghe <sajeewasp.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 17:19:53 -0400

Hi everyone,

I want to calculate the distance between two particular atoms (For example
   :1 .A and :100 .B) with respect to time throughout the MD simulation.
And then using this time-series data I want to calculate the
autocorrelation function in order to calculate the correlation time (or the
relaxation time).

In the AmberTools manual, the calculation of time-correlation function is
described as

          analyze timecorr vec1 vecname1 vec2 vecname2 .......(other
options)

So I have to generate a vector which keeps track of the distance between
the two atoms (:1.A and:100.B).

The specification of vector is given in AmberTools as

          vector name mask1 mask2 ....(other options)

When I followed the description I couldn't understand how to specify a
vector that would keep track of the distance between two atoms.

 Could anyone help me out in figuring out how to generate a vector file
that would contain the distance information between two atoms during the
simulation?

Thank you

Sajeewa Dewage