[AMBER] Free Energy for the G Quadruplex DNA including channel potassium ions

From: Debayan Chakraborty <debayan.ch.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 13:03:26 +0100

Dear AMBER users,
                              I want to do a free energy analysis using the
MMPBSA.py script for my DNA G quadruplex system similar to the analysis of
Stefl et. al. (Biophys J. 2003 September; 85(3): 1787–1804. ) I would like
to compare the free energies of a quadruplex having a vacant stem with one
in which the stem contains the requisite number of ions. I was wondering
whether it would be correct to treat the G quadruplex as the receptor and
the channel bound ions as the ligand in this case. Any suggestions would be
extremely helpful.

Best Regards,

Debayan Chakraborty,
PhD Student,