Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py error

From: Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 00:39:36 +0530

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your response. I used following input. I have commented for pb
section just to test.
Sample input file for GB and PB calculation
&general
   startframe=310, endframe=410, interval=5,
   verbose=2, keep_files=0,
   entropy=1,
/
&gb
   igb=5, saltcon=0.150,
/
#&pb
   istrng=0.15, fillratio=4.0

Most interesting fact is that same topology and mdcrd files are running
well for GB section on my laptop, having same OS, but giving PB bomb for
pb_aaradi.....for PB calculations.

Kshatresh

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> hat is your input file?
>

> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Kshatresh Dutta Dubey
> <kshatresh.gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > I also tried that, and all topology files were generated by
> ante-MMPBSA.py
> > but unfortunately I found same error.
> >

> > On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Chris Chris <alpharecept.yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you use ante-mmpbsa.py to make the topology files? If not I highly
> > > recommend you do this. It could be that your topology files are not
> > > compatible with each other MMPBSA.py is very sensitive to this issue.

> > > Sent: Monday, May 6, 2013 7:16 AM
> > > Subject: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py error
> > >

> > > Dear Users,
> > >
> > > I am running MMPBSA.py using Amber 12. I am getting an error like--
> > >
> > > *Reading command-line arguments and input files...
> > > mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
> > > cpptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/cpptraj
> > > ptraj found! Using /usr/local/amber12/bin/ptraj
> > > Preparing trajectories for simulation...
> > > 21 frames were processed by cpptraj for use in calculation.
> > >
> > > Beginning GB calculations with /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy
> > > calculating complex contribution...
> > > calculating receptor contribution...
> > > CalcError: /usr/local/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_energy failed with prmtop
> > > receptor_ant.top!
> > > Exiting. All files have been retained.
> > > *
> > >
> > > I searched this problem and also followed suggestion by Jason to check
> > for
> > > -
> > > mmpbsa_py_energy -O -i _MMPBSA_pb.mdin -p <complex_prmtop> -c
> > > _MMPBSA_complex.pdb -y _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd.0 -o output
> > >
> > > and found segmentation fault. I checked the intermediate files and
> > noticed
> > > that _MMPBSA_complex.pdb, _MMPBSA_receptor.pdb and _MMPBSA_ligand.pdb
> > > files are same. It seems that MMPBSA.py does not seperate ligand and
> > > receptor from complex.
> > >
> > > Does anyone suggest solution for it. I will deeply appreciate your
> > support.
> > >

> > > With best regards

> > --
> > With best regards