Re: [AMBER] PM6 fails for DMSO system

From: me, Nancy <bwan0408.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 21:14:52 -0400

Now I have tried DMSO system with PM6 in serial. It can run without
termination by previous d-orbital error, but after it begins to run, I see
the warning message:

QMMM: WARNING!
QMMM: Unable to achieve self consistency to the tolerances specified
QMMM: No convergence in SCF after 1000 steps.
QMMM: Job will continue with unconverged SCF. Warning energies
QMMM: and forces for this step will not be accurate.
QMMM: E = -0.2942E+07 DeltaE = -0.1385E+04 DeltaP = 0.1311E+01
QMMM: Smallest DeltaE = -0.2096E+02 DeltaP = 0.5187E+00 Step = 235

When I run the same system with PM3, it's no problem. Also I tried water
system, PM6 works well.

So anyone knows if PM6 works for system that contains DMSO? Thanks.