Re: [AMBER] vlimit exceed followed by SHAKE failure

From: seçkin Boz <bozseckin.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 15:47:52 +0300

You likely have zero Lennard-Jones parameters on the proton bound to oxygen.

How can I add Lennard-Jones parameter for the proton?

> SHAKE constraints usually prevent such atoms from getting to close to
> other negatively charged atoms, but this might not work if they are close
> in
> sequence. Can you say exactly what you mean by "clashed with near N or O
> atoms"? What does "near" mean here? Can you give an example?

For example, in the case of asparagine protonated from side chain oxygen;
proton moves close nitrogen in the same side chain. This is the case for
glutamic or aspartic acid acid when one of the oxygens are protonated. I
mean proton moves towards them dragging attached oxygen and touch them.