Re: [AMBER] patching unsuccessful even after modifying patch_amber.py

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 07:21:00 -0400

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Dr. Jan-Philip Gehrcke and amber people,
> They system is somehow not able to use new (right) executable.
> cd $AMBERHOME points to the right (newamber/amber12) directory.
> But the command you suggested strangely gives output about old executable.
> And the creation dates/time for newamber/amber12/bin files are latest
> (today). I already have the following lines in my .bashrc which has been
> sourced.
>
> export PATH=$PATH\:$AMBERHOME/bin
> export AMBERHOME=/usr/local/newamber/amber12
> export PATH=$PATH:$AMBERHOME/exe
> export PATH=$USERPATH:$PATH

You are appending AMBERHOME to the PATH before you even define AMBERHOME.
 Then you proceed to add AMBERHOME/exe (which does not exist in Amber 12)
to the PATH afterwards. Change these lines of your bashrc to 2 simple ones:

export AMBERHOME=/usr/local/newamber/amber12
export PATH=$PATH:$AMBERHOME/bin

As Jan-Philip mentioned, USERPATH is unrelated to Amber, so whatever you do
with that variable is up to you.

Good luck,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida