Re: [AMBER] patching unsuccessful even after modifying patch_amber.py

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:19:17 -0400

Please disregard my last suggestion. I found your problem.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>wrote:

> linux-rfml:/usr/local/newamber/amber12 # ls
> ../../bugfixes/AmberTools12/12.0/

You are storing the bug fixes for AmberTools 12 in
/usr/local/bugfixes/AmberTools12/12.0/ but you are looking for them in
/usr/local/bugfixes/AmberTools/12.0/ (notice the extra 12 in the first
version). Therefore, patch_amber.py finds no patches for AmberTools 12 and
patches nothing. And bugfixes for Amber 9 and above cannot be
applied/found until bugfix.22 from AmberTools has been applied.

So change the directory name from AmberTools12 to AmberTools and everything
should work.

The question remains though, why set up mirrors instead of allowing
patch_amber.py to download the files directly?

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate