[AMBER] Antechamber: AM1-BCC charges from MOPAC output

From: Miro Moman <miromoman.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:05:03 +0100

Hello,

I am using the following command to compute AM1-BCC charges with
Antechamber:

antechamber -i ${input}.mol2 -fi mol2 -o ${input}_am1bcc.mol2 -fo mol2
-at sybyl -c bcc -nc ${netcharge} -j 5 -s 2

However, this seems to carry out a geometrical optimization of the
molecules at the AM1 level of theory.

As the geometry of the molecules comes from either RM1, PM6 or some ab
initio method, I would like to keep it as it is and just generate
AM1-Mulliken charges to subsequently convert them to AM1-BCC.

Is this possible with antechamber and, if so, how should I proceed?

1.- Is there an option to use a similar command but avoiding
minimization of the structure?

2.- Or should I rerun MOPAC to compute Mulliken charges with AM1 and
them feed the am1bcc program with those?

Reading the manual it seems it should be possible to convert a mol2 with
Mulliken charges (or a MOPAC output?) to the ac format keeping the same
charges and the compute AM1-BCC charges. However, if this is the way to
go, is there a way to convert that ac output back to mol2?

Best regards,

Miro Moman

--
http://www.e-moman.eu