Re: [AMBER] GTX Titan was finally released

From: filip fratev <filipfratev.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 06:53:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ross,

I am glad to hear that you got
your Titan's. Thanks for your detail comments!

I follow your advice and I have
never overclocked any of my GPU's under Linux or used factory overclocked card,
which is in fact impossible if you not hack your Bios. Thus if you are my
future reviewer, please don't reject my papers :))
However, I overclocked my CPU to
4.6Ghz just to have better scale during the 2xGPU's test. Hope that this is not
a problem. I observed about 2ns difference during the Factor IX bench.

I agree with you that the speed
under Linux is correct in terms of  the
provided by Nvidia characteristics. I wanted just to inform the readers and to
point out that for this GPU the base and boost speed have different conception.
Please look this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/titanspped.png/
As you can see, my card is not overclocked
and the reported Base and Boost speeds are 837Mhz and 876Mhz, respectively. However
your GPU works always on 993MHz under load (windows). This is the boost 2.0
speed, which is unfortunately not supported under Linux, according to Nvidia.
In other words the Titan was made to work on 993Mhz speed (default) and this is
the benefit from boost 2.0. I don't now how EVGA Titan S performs but if you
clock the regular Titan card to 1Ghz, your actual speed is 1176Mhz as you can
see from this picture:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/titansppedcloked.png/

I hope that this report is
informative.

Anyway this card is really
awesome and I personally recommend it to the Amber users.

All the best,
Filip