Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 and Amber 12

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:42:30 -0600

Hi,

>From this message it seems that you don't have enough memory to store
all of the non-bonded pairs. How many atoms are in your system, and
how much memory does each node have available? Are you running in
explicit solvent?

-Dan

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM, David Winogradoff <dwino218.gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
> exactly when Open MPI kills them.
> mpirun has exited due to process rank 3 with PID 3048 on
> node login-2.deepthought.umd.edu exiting without calling "finalize". This may
> have caused other processes in the application to be
> terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).
>

> This is similar to the error message I receive when running my simulation.
>
> -David
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you been able to successfully run the test cases in parallel?
>>
>> -Dan
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 13, 2013, David Winogradoff wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Jason,
>>>
>>> I followed the directions on your wiki for installing amber 12,
>>> running ./patch_amber.py --update-tree until it returns that Amber12
>>> and AmberTools12 are up to date.
>>>
>>> The error messages from the supercomputer I'm using are,
>>>

>>> "[compute-f17-1.deepthought.umd.edu:21064] [[44012,1],39]
>>> ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Data unpack would read past end of buffer in file
>>> runtime/orte_init.c at line 132
>>> It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
>>> likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
>>> fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
>>> problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
>>> additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
>>> developer):
>>>
>>> ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
>>> --> Returned "Data unpack would read past end of buffer" (-26)
>>> instead of "Success" (0)
>>> *** The MPI_Init() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
>>> *** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
>>> *** Your MPI job will now abort.
>>> [compute-f17-1.deepthought.umd.edu:21061] Abort before MPI_INIT
>>> completed successfully; not able to guarantee that all other processes
>>> were killed!"
>>>

>>> which I thought were generic openmpi error messages. For your
>>> reference, the version of openmpi I am using is openmpi16-gnu.
>>>
>>> I have also attempted to use the openmpi143-gnu version of openmpi,
>>> obtaining the error message,
>>>

>>> "[compute-f16-26.deepthought.umd.edu:30072] mca: base: component_find:
>>> unable to open
>>> /cell_root/software/openmpi/1.4.3/gnu46/sys/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_openib:
>>> perhaps a missing symbol, or compiled for a different version of Open
>>> MPI? (ignored)
>>> MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 14 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
>>> with errorcode 1.
>>>
>>> NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
>>> You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
>>> exactly when Open MPI kills them."
>>>

>>> My REMD simulation is 50 replicas at different temperatures in NVT
>>> ensembles attempting exchanges every 5 ps. The template for my mdin

>>> ntt=3, temp0=XXXXX, gamma_ln=2.0, ig=-1,
>>> nstlim=2500, dt=0.002,
>>> ntb=1, ntc=2, ntf=2,
>>> ntr=0, ntp=0,
>>> ntwr=100000, ntwx=2500, ntpr=2500,