Re: [AMBER] QM/MM restart problem

From: Matthew Zwier <mczwier.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:54:59 -0400

Does your QM region span multiple (unbonded) molecules? If so, iwrap=1 can
cause one molecule to wrap around the box while leaving the other in place,
which can lead to a QM crash. (The MM routines consider nearest neighbors,
but I've seen the QM routines not do so, or at least terminate a simulation
before it even tries). We tend to recenter our restart files around one of
the QM molecules to avoid this problem.

Cheers,
Matt Zwier