Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 and Amber 12

From: David Winogradoff <dwino218.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:25:40 -0400

Hey Jason,

I followed the directions on your wiki for installing amber 12,
running ./patch_amber.py --update-tree until it returns that Amber12
and AmberTools12 are up to date.

The error messages from the supercomputer I'm using are,

"[compute-f17-1.deepthought.umd.edu:21064] [[44012,1],39]
ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Data unpack would read past end of buffer in file
runtime/orte_init.c at line 132
It looks like MPI_INIT failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during MPI_INIT; some of which are due to configuration or environment
problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure; here's some
additional information (which may only be relevant to an Open MPI
developer):

  ompi_mpi_init: orte_init failed
  --> Returned "Data unpack would read past end of buffer" (-26)
instead of "Success" (0)
*** The MPI_Init() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
*** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
*** Your MPI job will now abort.
[compute-f17-1.deepthought.umd.edu:21061] Abort before MPI_INIT
completed successfully; not able to guarantee that all other processes
were killed!"

which I thought were generic openmpi error messages. For your
reference, the version of openmpi I am using is openmpi16-gnu.

I have also attempted to use the openmpi143-gnu version of openmpi,
obtaining the error message,

"[compute-f16-26.deepthought.umd.edu:30072] mca: base: component_find:
unable to open /cell_root/software/openmpi/1.4.3/gnu46/sys/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_openib:
perhaps a missing symbol, or compiled for a different version of Open
MPI? (ignored)
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 14 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them."

My REMD simulation is 50 replicas at different temperatures in NVT
ensembles attempting exchanges every 5 ps. The template for my mdin
files is

replica exchange
&cntrl
imin=0, irest=1, ntx=5,
ntt=3, temp0=XXXXX, gamma_ln=2.0, ig=-1,
nstlim=2500, dt=0.002,
ntb=1, ntc=2, ntf=2,
ntr=0, ntp=0,
ntwr=100000, ntwx=2500, ntpr=2500,
cut=12,
numexchg=1000,
 /
 &wt type='END'
 /

Hopefully this answers your questions, thanks,
David