Re: [AMBER] GTX 460 ?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:20:22 -0700

Hi John

The list on the amber website is far from exhaustive. Mainly because I
can't keep up with all the various models of GPU that NVIDIA release. The
GTX460 and 465 should both work fine with AMBER although I've not tested
it. The fact that the code runs some MD is indicative that it should work.
What you are seeing is indicative of a faulty GPU. Are there no error
messages reported anywhere? - Does it always fail at the same point or
just roughly the same point? Does the GPU drop off the bus completely
(requiring a reboot to see it again?). Typically when a job will run for a
few minutes and then stops it implies an overheating GPU, maybe a fan not
working properly for example. It could also mean dodgy memory on the GPU
which happens sometimes although in that case the results are normally
crazy before the crash.

Do the test cases all pass?

As for the GTX560 - yes that should work fine.

All the best
Ross