[AMBER] Imaging issues with ptraj

From: Kira Armacost <kza0004.tigermail.auburn.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 01:55:06 +0000

I have performed an RMSD calculation on a few 300ns trajectories and noticed that the RMSD plots didn't look right. I had spikes from 5 Angstroms to 11 Angstroms, one frame apart, so I pulled the pdb's from those frames and noticed that the ligand was not in the active site of the enzyme for that frame. I checked a few pdb's and only a few of them do that. On these trajectories I have also performed other calculations in ptraj (distance - including ones with the ligand, clustering and hydrogen bond) and only have this error when I perform RMSD. Here's my input script:

trajin xx.crd.gz
rms first out rmsd.out time 0.01 :1-362

I have noticed this problem before when I stripped the water from the enzyme for analysis, but in this case, the water is still there.

Thanks!

Kira A. Armacost
Ph.D Candidate
Auburn University