Re: [AMBER] Fwd: failed to run sander ....

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:15:36 -0500

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013, Shashidhar Rao wrote:

> Here is how I obtained the mdcrd file:
>
> 1. ran MD using DESMOND
> 2. input the DESMOND trajectory along with the reference molecule into VMD
> 3. saved the trajectory coordinates in the "crd" file format
>
> Am I mistaken in thinking that the crd file format is the AMBER md
> coordinate file format?

Yes. Trajectory files (in several possible formats) are different beasts than
a restart file. You can use cpptraj to convert one frame of a trajectory file
into a restart file (but it will be missing the box and velocity information).

I'm not sure if Desmond has the ability to output Amber restart files or not.

...dac